CMH LMC & IOD Library is excited to announce the successful conduction of two days interactive workshop on “Statistical Data Analysis with SPSS: A Beginner’s Interactive Workshop” held on 6th – 7th June 2023 from 10:00 hrs to 1:30 hrs at CMH LMC & IOD. Workshop was organized by Dr Sobia Masood Tirmazi, Associate Professor Operative Dentistry & OIC Library. It was facilitated by Prof. Dr. Samir Riaz Qazi, Dean Institute of Dentistry, CMH Lahore Medical College and Co-facilitated by Dr. Sidra Haleem.
Participants were teaching faculty of CMH Lahore Medical College & Institute of Dentistry. They showed up their great interest to learn the basic concepts of SPSS a data analysis system. We would also like to express our heartfelt gratitude to our facilitator Prof. Dr. Samir Riaz Qazi Dean IOD, who shared his immense knowledge and command on SPSS Data Analysis System and made possible to achieve the following objectives of the workshop
- Use basic features of SPSS to create, import and save projects.
- Define variables in SPSS and perform data entry.
- Perform univariate data analysis.
- Present results by creating appropriate charts, graphs and tables in SPSS.
- Evaluate suitability of data for further analysis.
- Transform, compute, split, and select data to aid analysis.
- Perform bivariate data analysis.
- Present results by creating appropriate charts, graphs and tables.
- Select, run, interpret, and report statistical tests of significance: Chi square, Fisher’s Exact, McNemar, Pearson’s r, independent and paired samples t-tests, and ANOVA; plus the non-parametric alternatives: Spearman’s rho, Mann Whitney, Median, Wilcoxon, Kruskal-Wallace
The whole team of CMH LMC Library pay special thanks to all the supporting bodies of CMH LMC who provided us a great platform for teaching and learning.