The mission of CMH Lahore Medical College and Institute of Dentistry is to undertake following steps to materialize their vision:
- Ensure provision of a conducive educational environment where students feel well-supported through implementation of learner-centered teaching approaches, inbuilt strong feedback loops and physically comfortable learning environment.
- Sensitization of students about their role in the society as socially responsible professionals through participation in extracurricular activities like community-based programs, patient welfare societies, blood donors’ society, and productive contribution to combat local and national calamities.
- Students’ exposure to the healthcare community, where sympathy and empathy are the cornerstones of our practice. Students commit to understanding their patients not only through their medical conditions but also through their emotions, fears, and unique life experiences. By fostering a culture of compassion, students aim to provide not just medical care but genuine understanding and support to enhance the well-being of those we serve.
- Students’ exposure to cutting-edge technology through campus learning management system and development of their e-portfolios.
- Leadership and Smart Learning Strategies through implementation of interprofessional curriculum for undergraduate health professions’ education students enrolled in medical, dental, allied health sciences, and nursing programs.
- Provision of opportunities to undergraduate and post-graduate students to have practical experience of leading, working as a team member, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
- Formal teaching and training of professionalism for students to develop their full potential including communication, and lifelong learning skills through portfolio development among undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Implementation of a task-based and outcome oriented longitudinal module on ‘Research’ for undergraduate students, leading to publication of research article/s and for cultivation of evidence-based practices.
The CMH Lahore Medical College and Institute of Dentistry aims to provide a highly conducive environment to train a new generation of technology savvy and socially responsible healthcare providers who are well-versed with their role within a healthcare team and while serving the community, demonstrate abilities to practice requisite communication skills, empathy, lifelong learning, critical thinking and decision making at a national or an international facility.