Prosthodontics is one of the major clinical specialties of dentistry, that deals with the replacement of missing teeth by artificial means. The department includes a clinical hall and various dental laboratories to support the clinic. It also houses a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM laboratory as well. The services offered to the patients include from simple removable dentures; fixed conventional bridges to advanced fixed restorations including CAD/CAM based guided implant treatment.
Head of Department
Prosthodontics department consists of:
- Prosthodontic clinic (Clinical Hall – 2) houses 18 dental units.
- A consultant clinic
- Prosthodontics laboratory
- Ceramic laboratory
- Plaster Room
- CAD/CAM laboratory
Teaching & Training:
Prosthodontics department is involved in:
- Pre-clinical prosthodontics teaching & training in 2nd year BDS.
- Clinical training of 3rd year & Final year BDS students.
- Clinical rotation for the house job – almost 15 doctors in each batch.
- Prosthodontics department is also accreted for postgraduate FCPS training as well and currently about 12 PG’s are under training.
Research & Publications:
All the faculty members and postgrad students are involved in active research projects and have a number of publications both in national & international journals.